This Wine Red Les Paul Signature “T” electric guitar is hand-signed and embellished by legendary guitarist Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top.
The Les Paul Signature “T” is built on a foundation of the same traditional tonewood combination that helped to make the Les Paul Standard legendary when it first arrived six decades ago. It wraps all of Les Paul’s legendary innovation into a sweet looking and great sounding Les Paul that honors the memory of this legendary guitar’s inventor, while providing an instrument primed for the power and versatility demanded by today’s gigging guitarist. Traditional tonewoods are married to enhanced playing comfort and two of Gibson’s finest PAF-style humbucking pickups, with upgraded switching for bonus single-coil tones. Guitar includes a Gibson hardshell case covered in black snakeskin-textured vinyl.
- Carved solid Grade-AA figured maple top in high-gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Chrome hardware
- A select mahogany back—treated with Gibson’s traditional weight relief to increase playing comfort and enhance resonance
- Solid, quarter-sawn mahogany neck is glued in and carved in the fast 60s SlimTaper™ profile, and topped with a rich brown Grade-A Granadillo fingerboard with 22 medium-jumbo frets and traditional trapezoid inlays
- Traditional touches include cream body and fingerboard binding, pickguard, and pickup rings, along with gold Speed Knobs and a black “bell” truss-rod cover with commemorative “T” engraving.
- Loaded with a pair of Gibson’s ’57 Classic™ pickups, mounted “open coil” for a subtle hotrod look. Both are made in the image of the hallowed PAF humbucker of the late 1950s with Alnico II magnets in the neck position; both pickups are wax potted to avoid microphonic squeal at high volume levels; pickups also feature push-pull tone controls which provide coil splitting for authentic single-coil tones.
- High-quality Grover™ locking tuners ensure smooth, accurate tuning.
Click here for more details.
Donated By: Gibson Foundation and Billy Gibbons