Oscar Hammerstein's legendary Jamaican home, Highland House, is now yours for the bidding for no less than 7 glorious nights. Rising from the hills and overlooking Montego Bay, the 7 rooftops of the Highland House cover over 7,000 square feet and feature 6 bedroom suites.
- The Zen Room features a king-sized 4-poster cedar bed, spacious sitting area with satellite television and VCR, private bath, 2 sinks, shower, 4' x 8' linen-draped Roman tub, 5 ceiling fans, sliding doors to the lower lawn and a panoramic view of the sea
- The Jamaican Suite connects with the Zen Room. It's a smaller room designed for children with twin beds which can be converted into a king, walk-in closet, and private entrance. Wonderful collection of Jamaican and Haitian art
- The Owner's Suite features a queen-sized 4-poster mahogany bed, satellite television and VCR, dressing room and en-suite bath, and cedar plantation doors open to the private furnished terrace
- The Bird Room has a king bed that can be seperated to two twins, sitting area, satellite television, en-suite bath with shower and walk-in closet, and private deck surrounded by lush foliage. This room is totally secluded from the remainder of the house
- The Mahogany Suite offers a full size bed, satellite television and VCR, large en-suite bath, French doors opening to a view of the lawn, jungle and sea. This room shares a covered terrace with the Deco Suite
- The charming Deco Suite features twin mahogany beds which can be converted into a king, an en-suite bath and a walk-in closet. It shares the covered terrace with the Mahogany Suite
- The numerous living spaces provide something for everyone. Enjoy a bird's eye view of the sea from the rooftop sundeck. Play card games or take an afternoon nap in one of the many quaint cushioned sitting areas on the terrace and around the pool. For movie time, the main gathering hall features comfortable sofas, high-peaked ceilings, and large plantation doors that invite the scenery and breezes inside. Downstairs you'll find a wet bar, darts, and pool table
- A short walk from the house takes you to the newly added pavilion designed to immerse you in tropical beauty. The wooden screened structure seems one with the landscape, and provides a secluded place for yoga, Pilates, ecstatic dance, and even special events.
Donated By: Brenda Isaac