Charitybuzz is the leading impact marketplace, offering once-in-a-lifetime experiences and incredible luxury packages to our community of hundreds of thousands of generous customers, while raising funds for cause. Our team is comprised of talented professionals passionate about making a difference.Business Development Representative (New York, NY )
The Business Development Representative at Charitybuzz is responsible for identifying, pitching, and onboarding new nonprofit, corporate responsibility, and brand partnerships to utilize our platform’s variety of digital sales channels. The ideal candidate will have an existing track record of success in B2B sales and business development, excellent communication and relationship-building skills, a desire to be a part of a collaborative team with lofty goals, and a commitment to long-term success.
About the Charity Partnerships Department:
The Business Development Representative will play a key role on the Charity Partnerships team, focused on the core of Charitybuzz’s business (nonprofit partnerships). The team is made up of members located in our offices in New York and Los Angeles, as well as regional-remote locations. Inter-team and cross-department collaboration is a critical component to what we do, and we are looking to fill the position with an individual who thrives in such an environment.
Prospecting and Outreach:
- Identify and research potential nonprofit partners that align with Charitybuzz's acquisition plan.
- Develop and maintain a robust list of prospects for outreach.
- Utilize existing tools and procedures, with an eye for new opportunities that can support the efficiency and effectiveness of the top-of-funnel activities.
Pitching and Presentation:
- Create compelling pitches and presentations to demonstrate the value of Charitybuzz's platform to potential nonprofit clients.
- Conduct virtual and in-person meetings to showcase our solutions and answer questions.
- Effectively deliver Charitybuzz’s value proposition to develop engaged, long-lasting partnerships.
Onboarding and Training:
- Collaborate with the charity partnerships team to facilitate the onboarding process for new nonprofit clients.
- Provide training and support to ensure successful utilization of our platform.
- Effectively communicate Charitybuzz’s user and seller terms, along with best practices across all of our sales channels.
- Manage a low-lift data input process necessary to establish new accounts.
- Cultivate direct, long-term relationships with nonprofit partners, corporate responsibility teams, brands, and donors to maximize their fundraising potential.
- Act as a primary point of contact for a share of inbound leads generated via Charitybuzz’s organic or paid partnership acquisition funnel.
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Monitor partner performance and success on the Charitybuzz platform.
- Support the charity partnerships team in preparing and delivering regular reports on the impact and results of new partner efforts.
Market Insights and Personal Interests:
- Gather and apply e-commerce trends, both specific to Charitybuzz and at large, to new-partner and inventory acquisition.
- Utilize interest and insights to communicate to nonprofit prospects and partners to support greater ROI.
- Stay up-to-date with trends and best practices in the nonprofit and fundraising space.
- Perform against quarterly and annual sales and input metrics as determined by the company and department budget and strategy.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., Nonprofit Management, Business, Marketing).
- Minimum 4 years of proven experience in partnership development, fundraising, business development and/or sales.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Passion for philanthropy and making a positive impact.
- Pre-existing interests or background in the areas of entertainment, sports, pop-culture, travel, and collectibles a plus.
- Experience utilizing excel, data analytics tools, CRMs (ex. Hubspot) a must.
- Able to work from Charitybuzz’s New York City office, located near Grand Central, a minimum of 2 days per week (Tuesday and Thursday). Please note as of January, 2024, Charitybuzz will require three in-office days per week.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
- Base salary: $70,000
- Uncapped Commission Plan
- Participation in Charitybuzz’s annual company bonus plan
- Participation in Charitybuzz’s health and financial security plans
- Participation in Charitybuzz’s 401k plan
- 128 hour of PTO annually