Charitybuzz is the leading auction site for cause, offering once-in-a-lifetime experiences and incredible luxury packages to our community of hundreds of thousands of high-net-worth bidders, while raising funds for charitable organizations. Our team is comprised of talented professionals passionate about making an impact.
Charitybuzz is a member of Charity Network, harnessing the power of celebrity, technology and media to raise awareness and funds for causes around the world. Named one of Fast Company’s 2017 Most Innovative Companies, Charity Network is also parent company to online sweepstakes-for-good platform Prizeo.Director of Merchandising (New York, NY )
Charitybuzz offers once-in-a-lifetime experiences and incredible luxury packages to our community of hundreds of thousands of high-net-worth shoppers, while raising funds for non-profit organizations. We are looking for a strategic, ambitious, analytical e-commerce expert to join our team, and help fully realize our vision of becoming the world’s leading impact marketplace.
The Director of Merchandising will own the planning, execution and analysis of inventory assortment and pricing, and manage the buy-now e-commerce shop. In partnership with Sales (inventory acquisition), Product, Marketing, Customer Service and other teams, this integral collaborator will rapidly elevate the Charitybuzz experience, and therefore increase sales revenue.
- Establish and track inventory KPIs, and consistently report to other departments and stakeholders
- Serve as the go-to expert for knowledge about inventory performance, assortment, trends, and customer behavior related to inventory
- Help drive b2b inside and outside sales strategies by providing regular reporting about buyer trends, results by inventory category, and more metrics to be identified; and by creating a data-driven inventory theme calendar addressing seasonality, inventory trends within and outside of our business, etc.
- Work with vendor- and charity-sourced inside sales teams to plan inventory and forecast results, including involvement with and tracking of purchase fulfillment to inform future recommendations and plans
- Drive customer engagement and sell-through across the public marketplace (site and app), including auctions and our buy-now shop; support Marketing and Product as needed in translating inventory themes and mix to marketing calendars and strategies
- Develop and ensure execution of auction closings / timing strategy taking all aspects of inventory assortment and customer behavior into account: how much of a particular category should be live at the same time? When should we close (day and time)? Etc.
- Manage The Shop buy-now store within Charitybuzz
- Collaborate with Customer Service to collect user feedback about inventory and the shopping experience, and act on relevant learnings as appropriate
- Manage systems integrations and utilize tools to best execute ecommerce strategies (e.g., Shopify)
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with Shopify, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Excel, and/or other applicable tools
- Enthusiasm for data, analytics, testing, and understanding of the customer experience
- Disposition toward proactivity, problem solving and collaboration
- Desire to dedicate professional efforts toward generating social impact
- Ability to come into Midtown Manhattan office 2-3x/week, as well as a quiet workspace for working remotely
Reports to: VP, Marketing
Charitybuzz is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
WHO WE ARE:
Charitybuzz Access is an invitation-only private members' club and the private sales arm of Charitybuzz, the world's largest impact marketplace with more than $550M raised for charity to date. Charitybuzz Access offers members extraordinary experiences and unique luxuries unavailable to the general public as well as highly bespoke experiences, organized upon request - all in support of important charities making a difference. We are proud to work with many of the world’s brightest stars, inspiring leaders and change-making organizations to offer unparalleled access to the people, places and events that define our generation and redefine what it means to live the good life.
The Experience and Entertainment role presents an exciting opportunity to join the Access team in a leadership position and significantly amplify our charitable fundraising efforts while making dreams come true for members.
Part Business Development and part Project Management, you will be responsible for managing a team tasked with the curation and fulfillment of unique, high value experiences and items for private clients across Charitybuzz categories - sport, lifestyle, travel, business and entertainment. In addition, you will be responsible for managing talent relations and growing brand partnerships within the entertainment category. Past experiences have ranged from a walk-on role in Billions, and dinner with Bradley Cooper to master classes with A-listers and private event access. Success will require strategic competence, excellent management skills, and strong relationships within the entertainment industry coupled with a passion for entertainment and social good!
- Works with charities, talent, talent managers, partners and internal teams to curate outstanding experiences for Access members
- Brainstorms creative experience and event ideas and provides pricing estimates, and best practices to maximize fundraising for foundation partners
- Manages team responsible for the fulfillment and redemption of experience requests to help ensure a seamless and white glove member experience
- Oversees the Access private member portal and the publication of compelling new member experience opportunities each week
- Manages experience promotion in partnership with the marketing team
- Provides weekly reporting to management
- Experience in talent acquisition and relationship management
- Experience managing and growing teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management proficiency
- A business development mindset
- A passion for and knowledge of all things entertainment!
- Luxury brand or concierge experience a plus
REPORTS TO: Head of Charitybuzz Access
Ready to transform the e-commerce industry into a generator of social good? Ready to combine your sales and leadership superpowers to reach thousands of new nonprofits and unlock unrestricted funding for them? We sure are, and we’re looking for you to join us, and lead partnership development and the growth of our outside sales team.
Charitybuzz is the world’s leading impact marketplace for once-in-a-lifetime experiences, exclusive items and unmatched access. Through our premier auction platform, upscale shopping experience and concierge business, Charitybuzz has raised $550+ million for cause to date. In addition to incredible luxury travel, VIP event experiences, and rare memorabilia and collectibles, Charitybuzz features exclusive access to the world’s most influential personalities – Sir Paul McCartney, Stephen and Ayesha Curry, Tim Cook, Beyoncé, Eddie Vedder, Jack Nicklaus, Anna Wintour, Warren Buffett, Robert De Niro, and many more.
Each purchase generates charitable impact in partnership with more than 4,500 non-profit organizations, including MusiCares, Robert F. Kennedy Human Rights, and Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. That’s where you come in – strategically and aggressively growing partnerships within the nonprofit sector.
Charitybuzz is looking for a driven, passionate, and experienced individual to lead our Business Development team. As the Director of Business Development, you will be tasked with two primary objectives. First, you will leverage your hands-on experience and network cultivated from working in sales or the nonprofit sector to develop new, lasting partnerships with charitable organizations. Second, you will help build and manage a team of high-performing sales professionals to support the achievement of Charitybuzz’s long term growth strategies.
Charitybuzz’s fundraising capabilities, driven by over 250,000 registered philanthropic customers, has delivered more than half-a-billion dollars in unrestricted funding to our nonprofit partners. Still, our list of active nonprofit partners only represents a small fraction of the nonprofit organizations registered in the US. We believe our platform and services can unlock vast funding potential for nonprofit organizations, and we’re looking for the right person to lead this effort.
Charitybuzz is positioned for major immediate growth. To do so, we’re investing greater resources in our sales department. In this role, you will work closely with the Vice President of Business Development to recruit and manage a strong, energetic team of sales professionals.
- Leverage your existing rolodex to build an immediate portfolio of new business.
- Develop and effectively manage a robust pipeline of prospective charitable organizations.
- Identify and represent Charitybuzz at conferences, conventions, or other nonprofit and industry events where our business and brand stand an opportunity to grow.
- Produce against annual sales goals both individually and as a department.
Sales Team Growth and Management:
- Manage existing members of the Business Development team (Business Development Associates and Business Development Managers).
- Support the Vice President of Business Development in building a team of sales professionals to help achieve our long term goals.
- Create and maintain a departmental culture consistent with achieving lofty goals.
- Work alongside the directors of the Business Development department’s three “sister” sales departments to develop and implement creative strategies to drive the entire business forward.
Sales Team Innovation:
- Develop and deploy innovative lead-generation strategies to increase our top-of-funnel activity.
- Develop and implement tools and systems to support an efficient sales cycle and scale the business development department.
- Understand relevant existing and emerging market trends to help better develop nonprofit partnerships.
- Evaluate existing partnerships and trends with an eye toward building on what works and changing what does not.
WHO YOU ARE:
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Business Development
Charitybuzz, the premier online auction site featuring extraordinary experiences and one-of-a-kind luxury items benefiting important charities, seeks a Customer Care Representative to provide exceptional support for our high net worth community of auction bidders, winners, and internal teams. This position will report to the Customer Service Manager.
Customer Account Management