Mid or Senior Rails Developer
Job description (You are a Mid/Senior Rails developer who is)
- An expert in the model / database layer, doing TDD, and writing clean, loosely coupled code.
- You don't mind working with a SQL or noSQL backend.
- You have designed APIs before and are maintaing a production API product that uses OAuth 2.
- You think about high level design and splitting monolithic apps into smaller, more maintainable apps that interact through RESTful interfaces.
- You have also worked with integrating with credit card processors, and CRM/ERP systems.
- Experience with mobile and iOS is a big plus.
You should have experience with the following:
- Seasoned software engineer and Ruby on Rails expert who will lead development of new and existing projects.
- Must be able to self manage, delegate and work under minimal supervision in a continuous deployment environment.
- You will be working on site in Midtown NYC
Nice to haves:
- Design and implementation of RESTful APIs that are being used in a production environment. Understand OAuth2, and have opinions about best practices
- Rails engines, libraries and plugins within the context of modular application design
- Integration of external systems with internal systems, preferably to include one or all of the following: payments, financials and shipping
- Solid knowledge of relational databases, specifically MySQL, tuning queries, explain analyze, indexes.
- Experience designing apps with MongoDB and Redis.
- Translate business needs into well-defined and scoped functionality
- Product recommendations: recommend items to users based on their past behavior
- Experience with iOS programming and development a BIG plus.
- Competitive salaries
- Potential Equity
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Dev offsites
- To email us, click here.
- To fax us, dial (212) 937-3358.
- Mailing address is 437 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016