Senior Backend Engineer
At Charitybuzz, we give our community of bidders exclusive opportunities to live their dreams and make a difference through incredible online charity auctions.
Whether it’s meeting Paul McCartney backstage, embarking on an extraordinary safari, spending the day with a former President or going behind the scenes at New York’s Fashion Week, Charitybuzz connects our growing global community of socially conscious upscale bidders unparalleled access with the world’s biggest celebrities and brands.
We're building a world class engineering team that can produce what teams many times our size accomplish. We use managed as well as cloud services to provide the best tools for the job. We love what we're building.
We talk about product development daily as we truly are utilizing world class technology to change the face of technology while raising tens of millions of dollars annually for social good.
If you want to make a difference and enjoy participating in dev off sites as well as being part of an office that focuses its collective energy on upgrades, new initiatives and tackling interesting and challenging problems, then you have found your next home.Requirements
- Seasoned software engineer and Ruby on Rails expert who will lead development of new and existing projects.
- Must be able to self manage, delegate and work under minimal supervision in a continuous deployment environment.
- You are available outside of business hours to help with any site emergencies or upgrades You should have experience with the following:
- Design and implementation of RESTful APIs that are being used in a production environment. Understand OAuth2, and have opinions about best practices
- Rails engines, libraries and plugins within the context of modular application design
- Integration of external systems with internal systems, preferably to include one or all of the following: payments, financials and shipping
- Solid knowledge of relational databases (document databases - a nice to have) - specifically MySQL. Able to help with Replication and Database failover.
- Enough DevOps knowledge to help design a redundant, scalable infrastructure, as well as handle deployments and diagnose systems issues.
- Be the lead on integrating document store and relational database backed objects into a single system
- Translate business needs into well-defined and scoped functionality
- Product recommendations: recommend items to users based on their past behavior
- Competitive salaries
- Potential Equity
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life Insurance and Disability Benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Dev offsites
- Much more...
Sales/Business Development Representative
Charitybuzz is adding Business Development Representatives located in Dallas/Houston and Chicago to its growing team. Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the candidate will be responsible for generating leads and contributing to overall advancement of corporate sales goals. The ideal applicant will be an energetic person with passion and the innate drive to excel at any task. Additionally the Business Development Rep must have the ability to act independently in an unstructured environment, operate proactively and have a passion/appreciation for the vision and mission of the company.
The role includes the following:
- Prospect, cold call and CLOSE new business partnerships within a specific geographic location
- Meet monthly and quarterly revenue goals
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of Charitybuzz’s business model and comprehensive suite of services
- Work closely with the Business Development team including other reps to develop targeted lists; call strategies and messaging to drive opportunities for new business.
- Interact with the accounts team to ensure each new client is transitioned in a clear and concise manner
- Create, prioritize and qualify strategic target account lists within a defined geographic territory
- Ability to be a great ambassador for the brand and attend clients’ events, networking events and appropriate conferences
- Use CRM effectively to manage the sales process and maintain relevant data.
- Proven ability to close new business quickly and efficiently
- Highly motivated; can work in a rapidly growing company and industry
- Aggressively hunts for new sales opportunities and follows up professionally on leads
- Ability to communicate value of Charitybuzz in a clear and succinct manner
- A positive, self-starter attitude and desire to exceed expectations at every opportunity.
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and an absolute focus on quality of work
- Proven ability to research and prospect using telephone, email and online networking sites
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of outside sales experience with a successful track record
Based in your major US city. Excellent package commensurate with experience. Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or fax (212) 937-3358.
Customer Service Manager
At Charitybuzz, we pride ourselves on our trademark brand of customer service. People spend a lot of money for rewards that benefit good causes. It is very important to us that they have all their questions answered up front and that their reward is redeemed hassle free. To accomplish this standard, we are looking for an enthusiastic manager to lead our newly formed customer service team.Requirements
- Monitor and assign cases across Customer Service team, while performing the tasks of a Customer Service Rep as well.
- Onboard new Customer Service hires.
- Analyze and quantify Customer Service team’s responsiveness and other key performance indicators.
- Work with Shipping Department on increased efficiencies.
- Liaise between Customer Service and other departments.
- Optimize use of software in Customer Service process. Requirements
- At least one year’s experience using Desk.com/Assistly in an Administrator role.
- 3-4 year’s experience in a customer service department of a company with high touch service, preferably in a management role.
- Experience hiring and growing a team.
- An entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bilingual or multilingual.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Charitybuzz.com is a global charity auction site, raising millions for nonprofits by auctioning incredible experiences with the world’s biggest celebrities and brands. Charitybuzz is expanding its growing team with a freelance design assistant. The design assistant will assist the lead designer in creating visually effective marketing materials for web and print. This role will include but not be limited to, optimizing and resizing images for web, minor updates to the website, assembling HTML email blasts and banner ads, Powerpoint presentations, photo retouching, graphics for social media, and updating existing branded templates. Additional responsibilities may be added based upon performance and need. Must have completed or enrolled in a course of study in graphic design, web design, or related field.
SUPERVISION: This freelance position reports directly to the Director of Content and Graphic Designer of Charitybuzz. You must provide your own computer with all required design software (Adobe Creative Suite CS5 or Newer including Photoshop, Illustration, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, and Acrobat) and may work from the office or at home, but must be based in the New York City area and able to come into the office as necessary.
HOURS & PAY: $15 / hour at 10-20 hours per week; flexibleQUALIFICATIONS:
- Dependability and follow through
- Attention to detail and ability to accept direction
- Creativity and knowledge of design trends
- Understands the fundamental principles of graphic/web design, layout, and best practices
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, HTML/CSS, and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Poweropint)
- Ability to work independently with little supervision, as well as part of a team with other Charitybuzz staff
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work weekdays, evenings and/or weekends as needed to meet deadlines
RESPONSIBILITIES: The junior designer will be responsible for creating HTML email blasts and banner ads for clients, images and uploading to an FTP server, assisting the lead designer in creating landing (splash) pages on charitybuzz.com for clients. There may be additional responsibilities added such as creating PDF form documents, print design, power point presentations, and photography skills are a plus. You will also be responsible for working with the director of content management on assembling the weekly in-house email blast.
REPLY WITH RESUME & LINK TO PORTFOLIO TO: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To email us, click here.
- To fax us, dial (212) 937-3358.
- Mailing address is 437 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10016